Contact Us

Office Location

Room 307, Utah Water Research Lab

Room 213, Engineering Building 

1600 Canyon Rd, Logan, UT 84321


Phone: (435) 797-1533

Follow me on Twitter

Whether you’re an undergraduate, a prospective graduate student or a postdoc – we are always willing to discuss the possibility of having you on our team!  

Graduate students

We are currently accepting graduate students through the: Graduate Training Programs in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering (M.S., Ph.D.). M.S. and Ph.D. programs are direct admission to UWRL once your application is approved by the program. Prior research experience in environmental microbiology, environmental chemistry, and biological engineering is desired. Motivated students with interests in understanding the transport and fate of antibiotic resistance genes in the environment and wastewater treatment process are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will work closely with the PI on projects that meet the mutual interests of the PI and the students. Admitted applicants will receive full-tuition support, stipend, and benefits. Besides the above prerequisites, candidates shall meet all admission requirements of USU and the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. If you are interested, contact Dr. Hou with your CV/Resume, unofficial transcripts, GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score, and one paragraph about why you would like to work in our lab.

Undergraduate students

We are actively hiring multiple undergraduate students for academic training through a paid student research program. If you are interested, contact Dr. Hou with your CV/Resume and one paragraph about why you would like to work in our lab.

Postdoctoral researchers

We do not currently have any openings for a funded postdoctoral position. We might have an opening in the Fall of 2025. If you are interested in working with us or applying for fellowships to work with us, please email Dr. Hou with a short paragraph explaining your interest in our work, the expected availability date, and a CV. Research experience in microbiology and bioinformatics and biochemistry is needed.